Highlights include the PUBG 2021 content roadmap, collaboration with El Solitario, a new racing mode, and the launch of Season 12.
Krafton announced today a number of different PUBG content updates and events scheduled for June 2021. The company has announced extensive PUBG content planned for the remainder of 2021, as well as in-game brand collaboration with El Solitario (European motorcycle brand), including a full visual update for Miramar to be released in early June, a new limited-time Race Mode. and announced Season 12 details.
PUBG 2021 development plan
In the first of two planned 2021 Development Plan updates, KRAFTON outlines the roadmap for the new PUBG content expected to be released this year. In early June, the Miramar map will receive a full visual update. The company also announced that PUBG will include two completely new 8×8 maps in the 3rd quarter of 2021 and the 4th quarter of 2021 / 1st quarter of 2022.
- Updated Miramar (PC: June 2, Consoles: June 10) – This map has undergone a slight revamp in 2019 with the introduction of new aesthetic and lore elements. But this summer, it will receive a major visual update using the new KRAFTON technologies implemented in recent maps such as Miramar, Paramo and Haven. The map will be included as part of PUBG’s Season 12.1 update.
- New Map – “Codename: Tiger” (3rd Quarter of 2021) – Following the Miramar restructuring, KRAFTON will release the first new 8×8 Battlefield since 2018. “Tiger” will include most of the core features fans have come to expect with the new PUBG maps. With it, it will bring a comprehensive new gameplay mechanic to PUBG: the ability of players to return to battle after the first defeat.
- New Map – “Code Name: Kiki” (4th Quarter 2021 or 1st Quarter 2022) – Later this year or early 2022, KRAFTON plans to release its fourth 8×8 PUBG map, “Codename: Kiki”. This map will cover a wide variety of locations, from mysterious underground labs and huge skyscrapers to swamplands and underwater buildings. As the map is still in early development, KRAFTON plans to share additional details later in the year.
For additional details regarding PUBG’s first 2021 Development Plan update, please this link visit. The second part of the 2021 Development Plan, which will focus on core gameplay and service updates, will be shared later this summer.
PUBG x EL SOLITARIO COLLABORATION
KRAFTON recently announced its cooperation with the popular Spain-based motorcycle company El Solitario, which actively maintains the classic motorcycle culture in Europe. KRAFTON will introduce El Solitario ‘popular “Desert Wolves” quad bikes and their outfits to PUBG from June 1 to December 30 to celebrate the instincts of both companies to take on new challenges and create their own trends.
Limited time racing mode
To celebrate PUBG’s collaboration with El Solitario, a new Race Mode will be available for a limited time. Available in Miramar, this mode has two different types of racing: solo and team (up to four players).
- Players who have the El Solitario Desert Wolves vehicle skin will see that it is automatically applied to the motorcycle.
- Race Mode will be available on PC June 2-14 and consoles June 10-21.
In addition to introducing a remastered Miramar when it launches on PC on June 2 and consoles on June 10, Season 12 will feature a new ranked season, expanded customization options, a new weapon, and a new vehicle.
- New Ranked Season – Update 12.1 marks the start of a new ranked season, meaning all rewards earned in Ranked Season 11 will be automatically added to players’ inventory when Season 12 launches on June 2. Like Ranked Season 11, Ranked Season 12 will last for two months.
- Weapon Skin Upgrade System – The new weapon skin upgrade system will make its debut with 12.1, which allows players to improve the cosmetics of certain weapon skins by consuming certain in-game items and items. These evolutionary weapon skins obtained from the Weapon Skin Luck Box will gain new features as you level up.
- New Weapon: Lynx AMR – Offered in Miramar regular matches via Support Chests, the L6 Lynx is PUBG’s first Anti-Material rifle. This semi-automatic chest gun can pierce military equipment and armored players or vehicles. Designed as a tough response to vehicles, the L6 is an effective sniper rifle against players when used wisely.
- New Vehicle – Quad – Available on Miramar, this all-terrain vehicle (ATV) is an all-terrain vehicle with handlebars for directional control, designed to be ridden by the operator, and has four low-pressure tires. It is modeled after the ATV racing style model but also includes a rear seat for a second passenger.
- Lobby Ball – While waiting on the starting island for a match to begin, players will now find a soccer ball that they can kick with other players. While players wait, they can dribble the soccer ball, pass and shoot, or even coordinate a short soccer game if they wish.