Nintendo shared the list of its best-selling games for the fiscal year 2020. The still strong sales of the old games are impressive.
Nintendo shared the list of the best selling games for the fiscal year 2020. When we look at the sales figures of Nintendo company, we see that the console is taking firm steps towards becoming one of the best-selling game consoles in history, despite all the affirmations, Nintendo also predicts a decrease in both income and profit for the fiscal year that will end on March 31, 2022. The main reason for this is of course explained as the COVID-19 pandemic. Hardware sales are expected to decline by 11.5% to 25.5 million this fiscal year, and software sales to 190 million, down 17.7% year on year. Some risks arising from the global chip shortage, one of the biggest shortcomings affecting production volume, could also lead to lower shipments.
Nintendo shared the list of best selling games
Although Nintendo’s production frequency seems sparse than in previous years, the ongoing strong sales of old games are likely due to new players buying Switch hardware, the COVID-19 pandemic that gives people plenty of free time to play, and social constraints.
According to GSD data covering retail and digital sales in Europe, Australia and other countries, sales of new games dropped year-on-year in 2020, despite the 28% increase in overall game sales during the COVID-19 pandemic. However, Nintendo had a relatively quiet release year in 2020.
Here is the list of Nintendo best selling games.
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 20,85m (Toplam: 32,63m)
- Mario Kart 8: Deluxe – 10,62m (Toplam: 35,39m)
- Super Mario 3D All-Stars – 9,01m
- Ring Fit Adventure – 7,38m (Toplam: 10,11m)
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury – 5,59m
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 5,01m (Toplam: 23,84m)
- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 4,86m (Toplam: 22,28m)
- Super Mario Party – 4.69m (LTD 14,79m)
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 3,84m (Toplam: 10,44m)
- Pokémon Sword & Shield – 3,73m (Toplam: 21,1m)
- Super Mario Odyssey – 3,42m (Toplam: 20,83m)
- Luigi’s Mansion 3 – 3,26m (Toplam: 9,59m)
- Clubhouse Games – 3,14m
- Paper Mario: The Origami King – 3,12m
- Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity – 3,07m
- Splatoon 2 – 2,07m (Total: 12,21m)
- Pikmin 3 Deluxe – 2,04m
- Super Mario Maker 2 – 1,67m (Toplam: 7,15m)
- Xenoblade Chronicles DE – 1,52m
- Pokémon Let’s Go – 1,31m (Toplam: 13,28m)
* “Total” means all games have sold since the release date.