Ubisoft announced new books, illustrated fictions and content to be published on the digital platform for the Assassin’s Creed series.
Ubisoft, Assassin’s Creed announced that it is collaborating with a number of well-known publishers, talented writers and illustrators to continue to transfer its universe to different media formats. Assassin’s Creed fans around the world can see the new website You can learn more about the various stories born from their favorite series by visiting.
Assassin’s Creed stories with upcoming new novels, graphic novels, manhua, webtoon and more recently coming podcast series; It is transferred to different formats such as novels, pictorial fiction and digital works. “Many creators are excited to add their own commentary to a series like Assassin’s Creed with rich artistic freedom!” said Aymar Azaïzia, TransMedia Director at Ubisoft Montreal. “It’s a great creative opportunity to publish work related to the genre in question and produced by writers or illustrators known in their field.” he added.
New books are coming for Assassin’s Creed series
Ubisoft is currently working with a broad network of broadcast partners, each with their own specialization, to further develop the Assassin’s Creed universe. Aconyte Books, Editis and Starfish develop original novels in their own languages (English, French and Chinese). On the side of comics and graphic novels; While Glenat published French graphic novels, Dark Horse Comics published an English-language Assassin’s Creed comic mini-series, and Ulab developed original manhua. If it is on the digital side; Chinese partner Ximalaya is about to launch the first Assassin’s Creed story podcast, while Korean studio Redice will release its first Assassin’s Creed webtoon.
To better classify the outgoing and upcoming Assassin’s Creed transmedia offerings, Ubisoft has created three tags to help fans choose what to read:
- Classics: Direct adaptations based on the stories of video games.
- Chronicles: New adventures featuring favorite iconic Assassins.
- Originals: New stories with new heroes and eras.
Some of the newest transmedia creations this year come from collaborations with talented Asian writers and artists, especially from China, Japan and Korea. This includes several manhuas or webtoon that are currently in development. Ubisoft Publishing Director Julien Fabre said, “With a large number of creators across Asia offering innovative content, the priority for Ubisoft has been to build new relationships with talented partners in the region.” said.
Ubisoft aims to enrich the Assassin’s Creed universe with unique and resonant stories among local fans by bringing together talent from around the world to create new transmedia narratives. “We are all consumers of stories. With this global vision and local approach, we strive to offer our fans new content in familiar formats and with stories based on their cultural background and their own history. ” adds Ubisoft Content Publishing Manager Etienne Bouvier.
Assassin’s Creed content coming this year
- ASSASSIN’S CREED® FRAGMENTS YOUNG ADULT TRILOGY (ORIGINALS): Fragments is a new series of young adult books developed in partnership with the French publishing house Editis. This action-adventure historical fiction epic explores the nature of the relationship between siblings, about youths caught up in the century-old Assassin-Templar vendetta. Each book in the series will take readers to a different place and time zone with new heroes. The first volume will be set in 19th century Japan, the second in 13th century Scotland and the third in 17th century France.
- ASSASSIN’S CREED® THE JADE SEAL COLLECTION (ORIGINALS): From the Zhou Dynasty (4th century BC) to the Ming Dynasty (17th century), this collection expands our series with ten novels that explore Chinese history extensively. Emperors, courtiers, legendary martial artists, poets, philosophers, and many other important figures in Chinese history will play their roles in this centuries-old struggle. Featuring New Assassins and new arch-enemies, these epic novels, written by six well-known Chinese authors, will soon be available in China and become part of our series.
- ASSASSIN’S CREED® THE MING STORM (CHRONICLES): Written by best-selling Chinese writer Yan Leisheng, this novel is a 16th-century Chinese novel featuring Shao Jun, a much-loved young Assassin and the protagonist of Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China. It will be the beginning of an action-packed trilogy set in. Aconyte Books will publish the novel on June 1, 2021 in the US and Canada.
- ASSASSIN’S CREED® DYNASTY (MANHUA) (ORIGINALS): Originally published as a webcomic by local development partner ULAB in China, Assassin’s Creed Dynasty has already received more than 150 million views online and ranked among the top 3 of Wuxia genre on Tencent platform . It will soon be available in paperback books in other regions. Readers will be able to follow the adventures of Li E, an Assassin trying to save the Tang Dynasty from civil war.
- ASSASSIN’S CREED® VALHALLA: BLOOD BROTHERS (MANHUA) (CHRONICLES): Soon fans will be able to discover the epic story of two brave Viking brothers in this manhua, set shortly before the heroism of Eivor the Wolf-Kissed in the world of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.
- ASSASSIN’S CREED® VALHALLA FRENCH GRAPHIC NOVEL (CHRONICLES): Glénat Editions will release this original graphic novel in France in autumn 2021. Readers will discover the story of an ambitious Assassin and a Christian monk as they embark on a mission that will take them from Ravensthorpe to the mysterious peaks of Scotland.
- ASSASSIN’S CREED® TURBULENCE IN THE MING DYNASTY PODCAST (CHRONICLES): This audio adaptation of the Ming Dynasty novel, developed and published by China’s leading podcast platform Ximalaya, is voiced by a top-notch cast from the Chinese film industry, including Liu Yan as Shao Jun. . Enriched with sound effects and moving music, this podcast is the perfect format to experience in-depth 16th-century Ming Dynasty China.
- WEBTOON (ORIGINALS): This webtoon made in Korea will be the sequel to Assassin’s Creed® Black Flag and expands the story of Edward Kenway. Currently in development with partner Redice.